The primary objective of improving learning opportunities in prisons is to equip prisoners with the skills they need to make better lives for themselves on release and to reduce re-offending.
Across a wide range of diverse projects and initiatives, modern learning technologies are showing that they can help to achieve this aim by:
- Reducing the time and resources required to understand learner needs
- Providing broader access to training and learning through a variety of devices and methods, including in cells
- Improving the targeting of specific learning solutions to meet individual needs
- Increasing the quality of engagement and of enjoyment of learning
- Improving the quality of assessment of learning
Digital tools and technology are essential to deliver the prison education system the UK needs.
Tech takes learning into prison cells
#VocTechFutures Episode 2: VocTech in the prison sector: Insights for further education
An open forum with Ufi Trustees to find out more about Ufi’s impact, future plans and their passion for Ufi’s mission.